Movies and posts on this blog

Latest on Masala Punch

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Climbing in the Canadian Rockies

This was the first week of gloriously warm, sunny weather that Calgary has seen since last summer. Of course, I played hookey! Took a break from work and movie watching to go climbing in the Rockies with some colleagues. Here's the ridge we climbed:
Wasootch


And here's me (rather ungrammatically) at the summit:Me at the summit 
A chipmunk who dropped in for a visit:
chipmunk
You are wondering what climbing is doing on this blog? Hey, I was thinking about movies all the time - that makes my climb totally filmi and worthy of this blog!!!!
Regular programming will resume shortly....

3 comments:

  1. I remember Calgary from one of my family vacations (when I was 17 or so...and miserable to be spending that much time with them). Was so so beautiful. You are lucky to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you stood at the summit and stretched your arms out wide while lip-syncing to whatever was on your ipod at the moment, it was 100% filmi. I approve. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @memsaab: I am not all that fond of Calgary but everytime I get to the mountains I realise just how lucky I am to live so close by! The Rockies are just sooooo beautiful. :-)

    @ajnabi: Damn! I knew I was forgetting something. Looks like I need to go back to the top with my ipod. I did stretch my arms out wide and thought of my favorite romantic Hindi song shot in the mountains - but forgot to lip-sync! :-(

    ReplyDelete